Thursday, November 30, 2006

More poems!

In continuing with what I started let's move on to the next year, 1990.


I think my skills improved a bit, I wrote a total of 30 poems that year. Some of them however were reworks form the previous year though.

Here are a few of them, enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walden Woods

I walked through these wood over and over
Light flashes through the trees
Leaves crunch beneath my feet as I watch colors go by

I sit and write it all down
As birds lull my head to the ground
Were I must lay
My head again and again

Now I can’t let it die
Can’t let it all be torn down
Now it has been hear for a very long time
What’s wrong with you
It’s all I have now
Why can’t you just live here in peace

With out tearing it down

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too Close

Stepping closer and closer
To each other’s way of life
Trying to live for the other
Even when it’s not right

Going to and fro
From homes of ice
To home of fire
But still we never get burned

To close to each other
We almost touched
To close to each other
Se almost spoke
To close to each other
We almost tried to communicate

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember

A tear drops onto the floor
As so many thoughts run through my mind
Of things we shared
Of things gone by

I stop and think of what went wrong
I stop and think of what it was
That kept us all
That stopped us all
From growing stronger between ourselves

You’ve gone away now
And I can’t see you
But in my mind and my heart
You’ll be there to the end of time

I stop and think of it all
I stop and think of it all
Till it all goes away

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LISTEN

Voices that come my way
A blurry message seem fade
I try to communicate
But it won’t come clear

Try and pay attention to it
But I can’t come in contact
With what it has to say
To me and you

Listen-
We all have a message
We all must talk aloud
To say what we must to feel proud
Random voices are always frayed
To many things for me to see
I can’t understand anymore
Of what they have to say

Listen-
We all have a message
We all must talk aloud

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mislayings

Why can’t you see
Why can’t you hear

You played you charades
With your so called friends
But they have always seen through
You little stuck-up disguise

You knew it was coming
But you didn’t change it
Well now look at you
Here’s your reward for all you’ve done

There was a big bang
Then your mind slipped
You took the easy way out of it
And now you’re gone

Now there is no more you
And we can’t live with it
Because you could have asked
For us to hear it out

But I still have one question for you
Why was there a change of idea
In such a perfect life

No comments: